Worldwide Oilfield Machine (WOM) is a globally recognized, multinational company and world leader in manufacturing Valves for Oil and Gas Industry. WOM wanted to eliminate the technical errors in valve design and reduce time spent on engineering and design for Top Entry Ball Valves by implementing design automation for designing the valves.
M/s.Worldwide Oilfield Machines Pvt.Ltd, Pune, India
Worldwide Oilfield Machine (WOM) is a globally recognized, multinational company established in 1980 with its headquarters based in Houston, Texas. With over 2,500 employees, the WOM group of companies is strategically located worldwide with manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, sales offices and assembly/testing workshops in Houston Texas, Pune, Scotland, Dubai, UAE and Singapore.
- All Types of Valves.
- Subsea Systems.
- Well heads and Christmas Trees.
The typical challenge in designing and manufacturing the valves is the manual design effor by the design team.
- Time spent on preparing GA Drawings for Sales turn around on enquiries.
- Iterations on improving the quality of drawings.
- Formulas and Calculations based on American Petroleum Institute(API) standards.
- Enormous time spent by the design team on 3D Modeling.
- Faster design to manufacturing process.
- Standard valve designs are taken care by the software, engineers focus on innovation.
- Product knowledge is no more dependent on experts.
- Easy to use by any new joiner in the design team.
- Automated Ball Valve design based on Pressure rating and Diameter.
- Automated calculations for all valve parameters and dimensions.
- Ready to print part and assembly drawings.
- Export to Excel all the dimension parameters of the valve.
- Export to PDF with accurate output.
- 27 Part files in .sldprt format.
- 1 Assembly in .sldasm format.
- 1 GA Drawing for the assembly with BOM.
- 38 finished and semi-finished drawings of the valve components.
- Save As PDF option for all the drawings.
Conclusion – Impact of the project
- 3D model of the top entry ball valve can be created in 8 minutes.
- Manufacturing drawings of parts and assembly can be created in 7 minutes.
- Quick turn around time for sales team from design team.
- Design cost involved in manufacturing is reduced by 40%.
- Happy Engineers by eliminating the laborious manual effort in the design process.