IDEPRO Engineering Asia Pvt.Limited is a Denmark based industry leader in manufacturing plastic injection mold systems and is equipped with a variety of techniques to produce prototypes from plastics, light metals, and EPS. IDEPRO’s technical accuracy demanded a high quality output on mold design. SolidWorks Add-in developed by Trikonic has helped achieve the product output with great quality.
- The client is an industry leader in manufacturing plastic injection mold systems and is equipped with a variety of techniques to produce prototypes from plastics, light metals, and EPS.
- They are a Denmark based company with their manufacturing and design center in Bengaluru, India
The customer was facing several quality issues while implementing manual methods for the creation of mold ejection systems. Creation of holes was a time-consuming and laborious process when done manually. Adding to that, computation errors made it difficult to locate the top and bottom most points in the edges of holes.
Creation of a typical injection mold with 100s of ejector pin holes would take at least 4-5 days of an efficient engineer’s time. This being a monotonous activity, the customer wanted to spend time on something more constructive.
Trikonic developed an add-in with the API programs that provides automated solutions to the problems faced by the customer.
This software program is supported by an intelligent user interface to choose the plates through which the holes have to pass. A database of pinhead designs is also utilized for creating the shape of a pinhead. The program is capable of creating ejector pin holes and heads continuously without manual intervention.
With this application, the client can efficiently:
- Improve the quality of manufactured molds.
- Reduce the design time of molds from 4-5 days to 1 hour 30 minutes for a mold with 250 ejector pin holes.
- Decide the ejector hole head types accurately.
- Reduce the cost of designing the molds by saving manual hours of the engineers.
- C# Programming
- SolidWorks API Programming
Trikonic created Automated Design of Mold Ejection System, which is a SolidWorks plug-in software that can create the entire ejection system design based on the sketch with hole representations made by the user. Here, the user sketch is considered as the input for the program. The client was able to achieve the target efficiently by creating the ejector pin holes and ejector pin head cuts within a few hours. This resulted in significant cost savings and increased productivity.