Improving productivity is a common initiative among major manufacturers in every industry. With the increased need for customized products, manufacturing companies need to assess and increase their productivity targets to stand out from strong competitors. Companies under pressure to improve productivity without proper technology in place can experience production delays along the entire process chain.
How Can Design Automation Help?
Design automation offers distinct advantages that manufacturers at every level can benefit from. In this blog, we list out 5 ways by which design automation can help manufacturing companies to improve their engineering productivity.
- Automate Repetitive Tasks: Almost two-thirds of companies using CAD derive all or part of their new designs from previous designs. Design automation does repetitive engineering tasks quickly and efficiently, eliminates fatigue, and expedites engineering decisions.
- Reduce Errors: Design automation ensures that every action is performed accurately – yielding precise, high-quality models and drawings.
- Optimize the Design Process: Automation adds value to your design process and refines several aspects of your engineering while delivering sundry benefits to your organization.
- Standardize: Automation enables you to accomplish more by standardizing the design methodology as it relies on consistency throughout departments and design teams.
- Automate Quotations: Design Automation easily helps to assess accurate bid and product costing for predictable margins. Also, manufacturers can now create quotes and proposals within a day, which once took weeks with manual methods.
Design automation should be viewed as a new way of working, not as a single project with a beginning and an end. It enables designers and engineers to expedite the development of design variants and automate repetitive design tasks. This in turn accelerates the design process, saves time and development costs, and increases productivity. In other words, design automation enables engineer-to-order manufacturers to complete days of custom engineering in just minutes.
To learn more about various steps involved in implementing design automation, please check out our blog titled “5 Steps to Get Started with CAD Design Automation”.
Looking to improve productivity by implementing design automation?
Get in touch with us!